13 August 2014

Rainbows Galore

I have recently finished sending off goodies for three swaps, so I wanted to share them.

First off my bag for the Secret Tote Bag Swap. For this round, everyone is making 241 totes. I came up with two drastically different sides so that my partner could have more options.
Front and back: same colors, different styles.

And this is the finished product. I used linen for the background and the sewing dictionary print for the pockets.
Front and back: Done! I hope you like it, Partner!

For the August edition of Super Swaps, we were to make either a zippered pouch or fabric basket. I opted for the fabric basket, but might also whip up a small pouch to add in. I had fun adding the FMQ. On the left there is an orange strip and on the right there is a stripe of purple. I used crosshatch for the handles.
Partner, apparently I'm stuck in a rainbow kick. I hope this works for you. :)

Then we have the mug rug I made for Mug Rug Revival. This was my original fabric pull. I couldn't decide on the violet, but after I posted this, my partner commented that she liked the dragonfly violet, so I went with that one!
Partner, how do you feel about this? If you like it, which purple do you prefer? I swear the bottom one is purple!

I ended up using English Paper Piecing half hexagons and equilateral triangles because my sewing machine was in the shop at the time.
I had to go with plan b and use EPP since my machine is in the shop.

I used linen for the background and decided to add accent stitching with embroidery thread.
My sewing machine is in the shop, so I'm hand quilting. Partner, I hope this rainbow pinwheel make you think of summer!

I forgot to take a picture before mailing it off, but this is the picture my partner posted when she received the mug rug. She loved it, which is such a relief because we were supposed to make something summery and I wasn't sure if rainbow pinwheels would be summer-y to anyone but myself. Photo by Lisa Garber.

1 comment:

  1. I love your bags and your rainbow pinwheel. I think rainbows are always appropriate.

    ReplyDelete