27 February 2014

Plenty to do

This month for LYoF, I am going to divide my attention between two main goals. First off we have my Pantone challenge quilt. This is my fabric haul for it. The two left fabrics are solids and the second from the right is a shot cotton. I have never used shot cotton before and I am loving it! I have a design and everything is cut. Stay tuned for progress!
Untitled

My other main goal for the month is to finish up my bag for the Secret Tote Bag Swap. (Is it cheating is both of these HAVE to be done this month?) This is the main panel I have come up with. It is now trimmed and on its was towards becoming a bag.
Partner: If this giant panel turned into a tote, would you be able to love it? The lighting is a little off.

While I was working on the boxed corners for the tote last weekend I broke not one...
Uh oh.

But TWO needles! Dang. This second one was even a brand new denim needle! There are just so many layers in this bag. I might have been a tad overzealous in my plan. Oh well. With a third needle I was able to get the corners done!
Aaaand I broke another needle. This tote bag is going to be the death of me!

I also served as a pattern tester for TartanKiwi and came up with this lovely badger (pattern is now available for free over here). I named her Constance after the badger in the Redwall books. She is going to be the focal block in a tote bag for a friend of mine who is ironically named Constance. (She goes by Connie and would kill me if she knew I just called her by her birth name!)
Badger

In an exciting twist of fate, I actually won something! Something gorgeous! I won all this fabric from Cuts of Cotton! I have no idea what to do with it.
Untitled

Then of course we have the chickens. They are thriving. Here they are at 11 days old, learning the joys of napping in laps.
At 11 days old they have learned the joy of napping in someone's lap. I'm hoping to master napping someday.

Two weeks old.
Two weeks old!

 Now 18 days old and huge!
18 days old

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely pull for the Pantone challenge. Can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so fun! Sorry about the broken needles. I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those fabrics for the challenge! I am sure it's going to look lovely! :)

    Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete